Disclaimer

All opinions and views stated on this site belong solely to Corina Lynn Becker, and do not represent or reflects the views and opinions of any organizations, unless otherwise specified.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving here in Canada, a day where we ignore any references to some guy named Columbus (not our history) and simply give thanks for another harvest and the bounty that the year has brought us.

So what am I thankful for?

Well, I'm thankful for the donations that have come in towards my iPad; it will be a tremendous aid in my studies and I thank the community for their support thus far.

I'm thankful I went to IMFAR this year; not only did I learn a lot, but I got to meet some great friends and we had a fun time.

I'm thankful for technology, that has been able to connect me to people all over the world and allowed me to take classes with more ease than ever before.

I am thankful for the support systems that work, for they are invaluable. There might be much that needs work so that they are the common, not the exception, but I am thankful for when they have been there and able to provide for me and others.

I am thankful for communities and friends who accept me as I am, who embrace me as one of their own, and who welcome me. A lot of these share at least some of the same interests and loves, and it always feels like coming home.

I am thankful for my friends, family, and loved ones, whom provide companionship and support, as I do the same for them.

I am thankful that I am not alone.

Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the Code of Conduct: Be polite, Keep on topic and no spamming please!