Disclaimer

All opinions and views stated on this site belong solely to Corina Lynn Becker, and do not represent or reflects the views and opinions of any organizations, unless otherwise specified.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Self-Advocates Sonnet

This is one of the poems that I submitted to the Perspectives Anthology 2






Self-Advocates Sonnet

Shall I consider how my day is spent
in this land, far and great and wide
where I seek what others try to hide
examining where rules and ethics bent
twisted, reworded my nature present
while armed with truth, I speak to chide
too often, my voice cut off, silenced, denied
shouted down by demands for births mine-kin prevent
whilst ignoring human rights, the basics we need
another sigh of patience, I maintain to do my best
to advocate, create changes to the current state
of services, supports, implement at too slow speed
I tire, but have far to go before I dare to rest
For the sake of life, we cannot afford to wait

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the Code of Conduct: Be polite, Keep on topic and no spamming please!