Disclaimer

All opinions and views stated on this site belong solely to Corina Lynn Becker, and do not represent or reflects the views and opinions of any organizations, unless otherwise specified.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Getting Ready for ASDay 2011!

Whew!! Things have been busy for me this summer!

I'm currently working on an essay on violence and disability for school, an article on functioning labels for AWN, and a piece on self-definitions of recovery for here.  Some of them, just when I think I have all the materials I need to finish them, someone mentions some very good resources that make me rethink some of my points or what to include more information. 

However, I'm also getting ready for Autistics Speaking Day 2011.  It was an overwhelming success last year, with such a small amount of planning and advertisement.  I'm excited to see the results of this year.  I've read some of the responses to ASDay last year, and it's been incredible!! I am still blown away and amazed at people's responses. 

So we're doing it again!!! We're a little bit more organized this year, got our Facebook event up in advance, and Kathryn and I have started an official blog so that we can compile everyone's contributions in one spot.  It's still under some work, but it's up and running!

We're also going to be looking for people to help us out.  Last year, we were a little overwhelmed by the flow of blogs.  Kathryn was incredible being able to keep on track of everything on Facebook, and I had my hands full on Twitter.  We'd like someone who is fairly familiar with social networking sites to help us out.  But more on that later. 


Yay!!!  Our blog is up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the Code of Conduct: Be polite, Keep on topic and no spamming please!