Disclaimer

All opinions and views stated on this site belong solely to Corina Lynn Becker, and do not represent or reflects the views and opinions of any organizations, unless otherwise specified.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Chocolate Cake in a Mug

Yeah yeah, this is off topic. However, with all the anger going around about the Autism Speaks video, I want to share a little yummy with everyone. And what's a woman's best friend? Chocolate. So, I'm reposting this recipe from my cooking blog Aspie Cooking


5-Minute Chocolate Cake

Take a coffee cup.
Put in 4 Tbsp white flour, 4 Tbsp sugar and 2 Tbsp cocoa.
Stir really really well.
Add 1 egg.
Stir really really well.
Add 3 Tbsp water and 3 Tbsp oil.
Stir really really well.
Add a splash of vanilla.
Add 3 Tbsp chocolate chips (optional)
Microwave for 3 minutes in a 1000 watt microwave.
Let cool for 2 minutes.
Eat.

Since I didn't have chocolate chips, I added chocolate milk sauce (you know, the sauce to make chocolate milk) on top and let it smother the sides. Really good.

I emphasize the stirring. It's really hard to stir well in a coffee cup. Also, the cake rises out of the cup while cooking; it looks pretty cool. And lastly, it makes a bit of a mess in your cup, but no more than, say, hot chocolate.

7 comments:

  1. Dammit! Now you made me hungry! And I'll have to suffer until I am done with a meal to try this. It sounds that delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh, sorry about that. But it seemed like a good idea, and who doesn't want chocolate cake?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely gotta try that! I've never successfully made a cake, so this will be fine. I'm going to substitute little pieces of Hershey's chocolate bar for the chocolate chips, but I guess I'll still need some vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A splash? um, you tip the bottle down and up really quickly. Like you splashed it with vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. will have to get this recipe to my daughter. She's always trying to make cake in the microwave. Also coffee cup sized = harder for her brother with disaccharidase deficiency to get it.

    ReplyDelete

Remember the Code of Conduct: Be polite, Keep on topic and no spamming please!